Harmony

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony: A Pokemon Trainer Roleplaying Forum. Here anyone is welcome to come roleplay being a normal pokemon trainer in the new region of Harmony!

Affiliates

free forumForumotion on YouTube Link to this page Link to this page

Our Button

Link to this page

Latest topics

» The True Journey Begins (I Guess)
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 am by Suds

» Lucky Thirteen
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am by aMEWzing

» Chloe's Corner
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm by Fluttershy

» Chloe Sapphire
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:42 pm by Savato

» Oh Crag! Tension at Telmhein (Solo)
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 pm by Crow

» Site Store
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm by Crow

» Amongst the cold
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm by aMEWzing

» Encounter Requests
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am by Summer

» When Two Dots Connect
Moor Please! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 pm by StarBright24

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 157 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 pm

2 posters

Moor Please!

BlueKat12

Moor Please! Empty Moor Please!

Post by BlueKat12 Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Well, what a fine day it was. A great day for mulling about in self pity and moan about parents abandoning you with nothing but a Remoraid to make money! How in the world was he going to get his own cash with nothing but a remoraid? Was he supposed to sell it? He guessed that trainers were supposed to make a decent amount of money from battles, tournaments, and such, but that all depended on winning. How was he going to make this remoraid thing stronger if he had nothing to empower it with?

Cecil sighed, stuffing the pokeball containing the remoraid into his over the shoulder pack that contained everything he owned. He couldn't even contact his friends back at home! How was he supposed to help them if he had nothing to help them with? Cecil, drowning in a spiral of pessimism and wailing in his thoughts like a lost puppy, had entered the Moor. He figured that he might as well either find something a bit more useful than a remoraid or find a way to make this pokemon stronger.

The blonde haired man finally straightened his back and placed on a pair of shades as the sun struck his eyes, getting himself to buck up and at least look like he had a shred of confidence about his own future.
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Moor Please! Empty Re: Moor Please!

Post by Summer Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Summer looked across the moorlands, shading her eyes with one hand in order to protect them from the sun as she scanned her surroundings. In her other hand was her PokéNav Plus, a built in map function currently active on it's screen. She turned her crimson gaze from the moors to it's screen, trying to deduce how far she was away from this place called Kloudecord. A somewhat strong breeze blew her long red ponytail in front of her face, to which she removed the hand from her eyes to push it back out of the way.

"Alright Lei-Lei," she spoke, "I don't think it's all that far now. Just through this Moors of Chord place. The map says it's right in the middle," she smiled, looking up at the Larvesta that was perched on her head. Soleila was happy to have her normal seat back after Soren had been returned to his pokéball, the Eevee normally taking it and leaving Soleila with a spot on Summer's shoulder.
    The Larvesta let out a small cry, blinking and shaking her fur to remove her trainer's hair that was blowing into her face.
    "You okay up there?" Summer asked, hearing Soleila's actions, "I mean it's pretty windy. I can always carry you in my arms if that's easier."

With a small almost sigh of defeat, Soleila gave in and crawled down from Summer's head, instead nestling herself in her trainer's arms. Summer chuckled to herself before folding away the PokéNav and continuing onwards in a direction that would hopefully lead to Kloudecord. Though Soren didn't seem any worse for wear, she was still determined to make sure by asking a professional in a Pokémon Center rather than leave it to chance.
    BlueKat12

Post by BlueKat12 Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Cecil came to a halt as he noticed a girl up ahead, with a Larvesta atop of her head. Larvesta was a fire pokemon right? He thought to himself for a moment, he needed Calypso to become stronger, and the only way to do that was to battle since he lacked the fortune to be able to buy the strange candy that made pokemon stronger upon being eaten. A fire type would be easy to win against with a Water type!

With new confidence, Cecil hurried toward the trainer. He approached her and spoke, "Hey, you! How about a battle against me? One on One!" He pulled out his pokeball containing Calypso, a confident smirk upon his face as he was confident in the matching and failure to think that perhaps the trainer had other pokemon.
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Post by Summer Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Summer had looked down to the Larvesta in her arms, speaking with her as Cecil approached. Soleila warned her of his presence by making a small noise, causing Summer to look up. All of a sudden she was being challenged to a battle. Looking to Soleila, she grinned.
    "You up for a battle Lei-Lei?" she asked the Larvesta, who nodded confidently. She didn't want to chance using her other pokémon just yet and she was most familiar with Soleila's moves and stats, which made her the obvious choice. Perhaps when she reached Kloudecord she'd do some training with her other pokémon.
    The Larvesta hopped out of Summer's arms as she spoke to the guy.

"Alright dude, you're on!" she yelled, turning from quite calm to suddenly rather confident and determined within half of a second.
    "My name's Summer, by the way. And this is Soleila," she grinned, feeling it only polite to introduce herself.
    BlueKat12

Post by BlueKat12 Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:02 pm

"I am Cecil of the Bookman family," he spoke with a slight bow of the head. He reached back into his pack and pulled out a pokeball containing a Remoraid. He tossed the pokeball into the air and called out the pokemon by name. The remoraid appeared on the ground, splashing about a bit before using the fins on its left and right side stand correctly. Calypso seemed to have an agitated look due to being without water and on the ground, but otherwise seemed ready for battle.

"And this is Calypso," he continued, the doubt he had about having a remoraid before having vanished. If he could defeat this larvesta, then Calypso would probably get a large boost in experience and allow her to be able to take on stronger pokemon.

((Short post, sorry))
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Post by Summer Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:16 pm

As the Remoraid was let out of it's pokéball, Summer took out her Pokénav once more and scanned the fish pokémon, hoping that it could provide her with some useful information about it.

#223 Remoraid - This pokémon sucks in water then expels it at high velocity using its abdominal muscles in order to shoot down flying prey. It can be found clinging to Mantine to feed on the big Pokémon's scraps. To escape from an attacker, it may shoot water out of its mouth, then use that force to swim backward.

This wasn't great. Remoraid was a water type and though it wasn't the type Soleila had a double weakness to, it was still a weakness. Nevertheless, Summer wasn't one to back down and shot a quick look to the Larvesta to double check that she was still willing to continue. Soleila nodded in response and so Summer looked back to Cecil with a broad grin on her face.

"Nice to meet you both, but I hope you don't mind if I interrupt these greetings to make the first move," she grinned, putting the PokéNav away and taking out an odd cloth, tossing it up and down in her hands.
    "Alright Lei-Lei, Ember!" she called, holding out the cloth.

With a small roll of her eyes, Soleila lit the cloth on fire with a small burst of flame, before turning to the Remoraid and producing larger bursts of flame from the five whorled horns that adorned her head. The five smaller flames joined together to form a larger flame that headed straight for the fish like pokémon.

Getting rather fired up at the idea of being able to successfully beat a pokémon that Soleila was innately weak to, Summer tossed the flaming ball of cloth around in her hands as if psyching herself up. The fire however did not seem to affect her, her hands long immune to to the fire's heat.
    BlueKat12

Post by BlueKat12 Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:05 am

"Um...okay..." Cecil had to admit that the act with the flaming cloth was rather odd, only seeing such a thing on television. He did not know why the girl had decided to pull some kind of performance while battling, but decided to just go with it.

"Water Gun!" the man called. Calpypso acted immediately, a jet of water shooting at full blast from her mouth like a gun. The force of the blast making contact with anything, whether it was the larvesta or merely something behind the larvesta, had forced the Remoraid backwards and out of way of the oncoming Ember attack. It acted as both an evasive maneuver and a an offensive attack, however this careful planning was by sheer accident as the trainer had failed to think of such a thing, not being very experienced as a trainer and only knowing the basics that pretty much any educated person knows.
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Post by Summer Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 am

A performer by very nature, her family having been fire breathers for generations, such actions were only normal for Summer and she didn't think any different of them. She was merely keeping up her skills by 'training' whenever she was in the mood.

"Use your flames to dodge it!" called the fiery female, both learning from the Remoraid's actions and using Soleila's natural abilities to her own advantage. She knew she had to avoid as many water moves as possible otherwise her partner wouldn't last very long in this battle.
    In response, the Larvesta produced fire from all five of her red, whorled horns, using the flames to lift herself into the air. She just cleared the incoming Water Gun in time and felt the cold of the water on the tips of her feet and abdomen. Summer's expression was still one of a wide grin as she considered her next move, wondering what other tricks this trainer and his Remoraid would have up his sleeve.

"String Shot!" Summer called suddenly.
    Soleila, using her aerial ability to her advantage, released a sticky string from her mouth, attempting to tangle to Remoraid and slow it's speed right down to give herself a bit of an edge when it came to dodging future attacks.
    BlueKat12

Post by BlueKat12 Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:32 pm

The remoraid was struck by the sticky web, causing it to be unable to hold itself up properly with its fins. Calypso resorted to flopping around like a magikarp in order to move.
    'Not good...' Cecil thought, ordering his Remoraid to use yet another Water Gun, due to the attack being the only effective move against a fire type. The Remoraid knew Flamethrower, but this was a fire type, Flamethrower would be useless against the larvesta!
    Calypso smacked her body against the ground, throwing herself into the air and shooting yet another jet of water towards the Larvesta.
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Post by Summer Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Soleila attempted to dodge the second Water Gun, but neither she not her trainer had anticipated such an unorthodox way of doing things. The increased air time that Calypso gained by throwing herself into the air allowed her to hit the Larvesta, causing Soleila to tumble down to the ground, her white fur soggy and wet from the jet of water.

"Morning Sun!" called Summer, cupping the cloth in both hands and extinguishing the flames by cutting off the fire's oxygen supply. Being early morning, Soleila was lucky in that the sun was in peak position to aid her recovery. The Larvesta's entire body began to glow with a soft, golden light as she used the sunlight as fuel to recover from the water type move. Fresh and ready to go once again, Summer then called out.
    "Ember!"

Though ineffective on a fish, it was still Soleila's only attacking move and so the Larvesta formed a ball of flame in front of her before releasing it towards the Remoraid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am