Harmony

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony: A Pokemon Trainer Roleplaying Forum. Here anyone is welcome to come roleplay being a normal pokemon trainer in the new region of Harmony!

Affiliates

free forumForumotion on YouTube Link to this page Link to this page

Our Button

Link to this page

Latest topics

» The True Journey Begins (I Guess)
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 am by Suds

» Lucky Thirteen
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am by aMEWzing

» Chloe's Corner
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm by Fluttershy

» Chloe Sapphire
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:42 pm by Savato

» Oh Crag! Tension at Telmhein (Solo)
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 pm by Crow

» Site Store
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm by Crow

» Amongst the cold
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm by aMEWzing

» Encounter Requests
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am by Summer

» When Two Dots Connect
Clash of Characters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 pm by StarBright24

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 157 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 pm

2 posters

Clash of Characters

aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Clash of Characters - Page 2 Empty Re: Clash of Characters

Post by aMEWzing Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 am

Valka listened to her orders, curious of its peculiarity. Lobster... Strange. Val was never really fond of sea food. It always kind of creeped her out. Lobsters and crabs were like giant insects of the sea, and she would never eat an insect.

Val never really thought about what to get for her meal. She usually preferred meat of any kind. Especially some good chicken or beef.... With some vegetables and fruits to balance it of course.

"Hmm..." She hummed, glancing at the menu. "I'll have some baked chicken, with a side of grapes and broccoli. For my beverage, I shall have Elixer Au Lait."

Because of Valka's raising, she was used to eating vegetables as a routine, also understanding it was important for her health. She actually didn't like grapes, and only ordered them for her adorable little Goomy.
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

Celine grinned. "Auro has a taste for lobster. I'll take some to-go for him. It's too bad they don't let us have our pokemon out in the restaurant, though I guess it can be considered unsanitary," she said thoughtfully.

"So what do you want to do now? Are you going to try for a Pokemon Mastery? Battle Gym Leaders? Or are you going to be like me, winning Pokemon Contests as a coordinator?" She asked Valka curiously as their waiter brought them their drinks.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Valka nodded. Pokemon have quite different diets. The only thing she didn't agree with was the Pokemon thing. It couldn't have been because of cleanliness issues, as that is only of concern in the kitchen, but more of aggressive Pokemon picking fights, and other ones disturbing stranger's meals.

Val was playing around with a fork when she was asked a question.
    "Hmm? Oh. I'm going to be collecting dragon-types, and I'm going to be entering contests."

The flavored milk beverage had been placed before Val, who reached her arms forward and dragged it closer to her to take a sip through the straw the diner always provided.
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Celine took a drink of her Sitrus smoothie and she closed her eyes in pleasure. "Yum... I do love the taste of sitrus berries. What about you? Any particular berries you like?" She asked her companion.

While waiting for Valka to reply, Celine's thoughts drifted to Auro. She wanted to paint him before the next Contest rolled around. She had an excellent idea for a design that would make him look totally cool and awesome, which would certainly sweep the floor with the other competitors.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 am

Valka thought a moment.
    "I don't think there's any berries in particular, but a fruit I very much prefer Dragonfruit over others. It's sweet and tangy, and very rare and wanted due to perfection in flavor."
    Valka really did seem all-about-dragons. In a kind of weirdly obsessed, yet subtle way. It's only natural after all, from where she grew up.

She had always loved the uniqueness of each dragon type. She liked the idea of dying them, maybe just a little bit, but Spry she loved how he was naturally. Maybe she would dye one she would catch.
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:55 am

Celine grinned at Valka's response. The other girl seemed rather obsessed about dragons, though perhaps it wasn't that odd, considering where she had grown up.

"So I'm curious -have you met Karyuu's Gym Leader at all? I heard he's like.... AMAZING in every way. I've heard he's a Dragon Master and that he has, like, 30 different dragon type pokemon. 120% more cool than Obsidian Town's Arnold," Celine's voice held a sneer as she spoke the name of Obsidian Town's Gym Leader.

"Arnold is tough, sure, but he's nowhere near cool. I mean, they say that he hasn't even won five Gym Badges himself!" Celine rolled her eyes. She didn't know if the rumours were true or not, but she was certainly not impressed by the Leader.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 am

Valka listened with a slight smile at Celine's on-talk.
    "I have indeed heard of him. He has, in fact, become part of dragon mastery, and so he will be one of the last gym leaders I face."
    By order of the gym leaders' power, and levels, he kind of was, but there was still maybe one other gym after his.
    "I've always dreamed—after he retires—that I'll take his place... Not that it could happen or anything." she spit the last words out quickly, and right upon finishing, took a big gulp of her milky beverage.
    "So... Yeah, Arnold... I'm guessing he's a rock-type gym leader. Or something of the kind, anyway."
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:06 am

Celine nodded at Valka's words. "Yeah, Arnold is the rock pokemon gym leader. He's got some tough pokemon, being the rock-type, but rocks are so five years ago. Dragons have been awesome forever, and will always be awesome," she stated, sighing.

"You're lucky you get to brag about your city's gym leader. I'll bet one day you'll be a dragon master... but while having a dragon would be cool, I've heard they're really, really hard to raise. Like, they don't listen to just anyone, ya know? You gotta prove you're worthy and stuff. Not that I wouldn't be found worthy," she added quickly.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 am

Hmm... Her mind hummed. Arnold did sound plain, "unfun", and "5 years ago," and so she pictured him as a slightly elderly man, unaware of current things. Rocks were boring, and the only cool one of them was Tyrunt, the only rock-dragon type. Besides his evolution of course.

"Not worthy? Some are known to be stubborn, but others are friendly after you simply show that you, too, are like a dragon. It's easier to start with the younger and less-stubborn ones. Why do you think I started with my Goomy?" she smiled a little.
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Celine shrugged. "Well, yeah, sure. The little ones aren't too bad I suppose; but then -they aren't the awe-inspiring awesomeness yet. I suppose everyone starts somewhere, though, right?" she stated carelessly.

"Are you two ready to order, dears?" the waitress had come back with a pen and pad, ready to take down their orders.

Celine spoke first. "I think so. I'd like your lobster special with the loaded baked potato on the side -extra cheese and sour cream please," she stated, mouth watering at the thought. She glanced at Valka across the table. "Dinner's on me, so get whatever you want," she said to her newfound friend. She had plenty of start-up money from her father, anyway. She could easily afford to treat herself and her new friend.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 am

"There's always evolution." Valka patted her bulging center pocket that hid her pokemon. She ended it there. A dragon was a dragon, and that was how they were classified. Just dragon. Anything of the type, whether actual typing or just egg group, Val loved immediately as if by force. She had yet to see a pokemon of that classification that she didn't.

By the time she finished her sentence, their waitress was making her way towards the table again. For an odd reason, Val had a change in taste. She craved a nice, juicy, cheesy burger on the dime. The only problem with ordering such a meal is that if it came out burnt or too raw, it would be ruined. Not that that was a problem, as Val would eat it anyway. She just disliked the ruining of good flavers.

"HMM... Yes... I'll have the House Burger, please, with a side of grapes." she once again involuntarily patted Spry, sheltered by her pocket, which she did by habit whenever she mentioned him. He would love the grapes she got for him.
    Haley
    Haley
    Lady of the Site

Post by Haley Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 am

Celine nodded as the waitress walked away. Her attention was soon caught by a tv monitor above the bar, behind Valka. The TV was showing a battle raging between a challenger and Nathan of the Elite Four.

"Hey look, someone's made it past Kiyu and onto Nathan in the Elite Four!" she said excitedly to Valka, pointing to the TV monitor behind her friend. Nathan had out his first pokemon, Lapras, and the powerful sea ferry pokemon was blasting a large Vileplume with an Ice Beam.

The Vileplume seemed to be withstanding the Ice Beam well, though it looked like it was weakening. As the Ice beam died down, the Vileplume let loose a powerful attack of its own -a blinding Solarbeam right into the Lapras' head.

"Wow, look at that trainer go!" Celine murmured in awe. She looked at Valka. "That's going to be us someday -up there, beating the Elite Four. We've gotta promise it to each other, OK?"
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:21 pm

The battle on the TV looked rather exciting. Even though Lapras obviously had the advantage with Ice Beam, however the water typing in Lapras made it somewhat weak to the powerful grass type Attack that was let loose.

The battle would be interesting, but it wasn't often that a trainer could beat a member of the elite four, much less the entire team. At least–from what Val could tell, anyway–was that this trainer wasn't one of those people who would use a fire-type attack on a dragon, or even an electric on ground.

"Agreed," Valka promised, lost in thought as she stared at the television. "It would certainly be cool if Double Battles were possible at such a place."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content