Harmony

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony: A Pokemon Trainer Roleplaying Forum. Here anyone is welcome to come roleplay being a normal pokemon trainer in the new region of Harmony!

Affiliates

free forumForumotion on YouTube Link to this page Link to this page

Our Button

Link to this page

Latest topics

» The True Journey Begins (I Guess)
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 am by Suds

» Lucky Thirteen
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am by aMEWzing

» Chloe's Corner
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm by Fluttershy

» Chloe Sapphire
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:42 pm by Savato

» Oh Crag! Tension at Telmhein (Solo)
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 pm by Crow

» Site Store
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm by Crow

» Amongst the cold
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm by aMEWzing

» Encounter Requests
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am by Summer

» When Two Dots Connect
Amongst the cold - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 pm by StarBright24

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 157 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 pm

4 posters

Amongst the cold

aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Amongst the cold - Page 2 Empty Re: Amongst the cold

Post by aMEWzing Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Finally, as if the sense were knocked back into her upon a mere sight, Valka's eyes widened under her cloak upon viewing the warm-looking cave. In her run that broke out, her arm thruster behind her, happening to toss the extra jacket on Caim's head. She was intent on making it there, no matter how much her bones trembled now.

Upon the entering, her body released its tension with pure relief. Warmth puffed up from the ground itself, where there were many cracks, probably from past water that caught itself into the ground and expanded from freezing, now melted thanks to the heat. Around the room were little craters that billowed a nice steam; water heated near the mantle, evaporated, and while still hot, was visible in the air. Val sighed, and with feeling much better, only a few more chills passed as if to shake off the sudden temperature change.

At a wall at the end of the cave, water collected. The water vapor must cool down at some point, and turns back into a liquid, and all of which was over there. Besides the water that dripped off the stalactites on the ceiling of the cave. That water was colder, though, because it wasn't close to the geothermal earth. Heat powered simply by the ground was amazing. This cave was definitely something worth remembering.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:40 am

Since Caim had slowed down like the Sneasel, he wasn't expecting for the girl to pretty much throw his jacket back to him. Taking it off of his head and then putting it back on, Caim put his belongings where they were prior. Seeing her run into the cave, Caim looked to his Sneasel and smiled, before following after her.

(Quick post since limited time)
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:04 am

Valka didn't notice the person enter. She nearly forgot about him altogether. She tossed a pokeball into the air, happy to bring out Spry now that the weather was fit enough for him. He looked excitedly at the puffing heat and squirmed over to investigate.

Val reached out her hands above the steam and rubbed them together every once in a while. It took a while to warm them up. Sometimes, some water from the rising vapor would cling onto her hand in little droplets and drip off back to the crater to re-heat.

The Goomy seemed to enjoy this very much, since he was made of a slimy substance that needed moisture. He hurled himself into a small geyser and let the steam cling to him and create moisture on his membrane. Valka suppressed a little laugh, and smiled at him. She then noticed the person enter. It was Caim. She met him already. And now the realization of everything that happened washed over her. She felt like an idiot. Never bring a dragon-trainer to an ice mountain.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:15 am

Taking a moment to get used to the change in temperature, a faint smile formed upon his face, this would work perfectly. Seeing the girl send out her Goomy and that she seemed to have recover, Caim walked over, with Deimos and the Sneasel on his right and left flank respectively. "You certainly look as if you've recovered now... If I May... Why we're you up here?" Caim spoke, he could feel some of the shyness he was trying to hold back return.

The Sneasl had to take a moment to adjust to the change of temperature, but since it wasn't her first time here, it didn't particularly take long. At this point, she crossed her arms and basically smirked, curious as to how things would go now.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:05 am

After looking back down to her Goomy, Val heard him ask her a question now. Not daring to make eye contact, she answered while still looking at the adorable Spry.
    "I came here to train, thinking it would be good to build up my dragons's defense against cold Ice-type attacks, but it all went downhill...."

She didn't know how extreme the conditions would be. Until then, she didn't realize how much she hated the cold. Next time, she would have to make sure to bring a lot more to keep warm.... Six scarves, a blanket, a hat, thick gloves, heated snow pants, and winter socks...... Oh, and a blanket.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 am

Seeing how she refused to look at him when she spoke, Caim let off a stifled sigh... she probably didn't want to talk about this, considering her reaction after all. "Ok... you were lucky we were in the area... if you're going to do something like this again... you probably should get someone equipped to keep you safe to come with you" Caim spoke... his words technically made sense, if he wasn't in the area and he hadn't captured the Sneasel, who knows what could have happened to her? Worst case scenario, she could have frozen to death.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:22 am

Valka felt like she was being scolded. She was fairly used to this, as that was how she learned new rules at her household, and then would obey for fear of being scolded again.
    "I know..." she sighed. "I guess I under thought everything because of my excitement for actually having a pokemon..."

She then looked to Spry again. He was her default direction to look because she just couldn't help it. He was adorable, innocent, and always ecstatic. He filled her with happiness and comfortable state of mind when she knew he was carefree, implying Val should, too. That should be an expression. To "follow the way of the Goomy" could mean to smile even at the hardest of times, for that showed true strength.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:55 am

Listening to her response, Caim sighed somewhat... the excitement of having a Pokémon could have resulted in her freezing... there certainly are negative aspects of having Pokémon. "Look... I'm sorry if I sounded harsh there... I was worried... a... anyway... you're okay now right? that's what matters" Caim spoke, he could feel his shyness returning in full force now.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Valka set herself down on the lip of a crater.
    "It's fine.... I did something stupid, that's all...."

Now.... How to get out of here? She could sense an awkward change in atmosphere already. She wished a pair of wings would just burst out of her back—dragon wings, of course—and she could just fly away. Not that the cold would allow her to.... She was pretty much trapped.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Seeing her site down, Caim found a suitable spot and did the same... He couldn't just abandon Her now, she'd already struggled once, and she might not know a way off the mountain. Caim however would have a way to figure out a way to get down the mountain, that being his Sneasel. "When you're ready... to head on out in order to get off the mountain... Just let us know" Caim spoke towards her... He didn't intend on leaving her, and if she took her time, he could probably ask the Sneasel about that name.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Val didn't need to think for very long. She looked to Spry, who took a while to realize before he stopped playing in the steam and squirmed over to her. She took out her pokeball and returned him into it with a red beam of light that shrunk him and carried him inside the little capsule.

Valka then looked to Caim, indicating she was ready to leave. Hopefully this time, they would move fast enough and not stop often enough for Val to freeze up again.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:49 am

Taking advantage of the time he had, which was just the time the Goomy was taking to notice. "So... I've been thinking, we need a name to you, and I did have an idea of one, but I wanted to ask you first... Would the name 'Dusk' be okay with you?" He spoke, keeping his tone kind towards the Sneasel. Dusk crossed her arms, and then nodded, she had no reason not to agree with that.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am

After both trainers had finished confronting their newest Pokemon, it appeared that they were ready to set out. Val shuffled through her small bag, which she always did before leaving, just to check and see if she lost anything. Even if she didn't have her bag with her, it was habit even to reach with both hands to her right side just after she gets up, only to realize the bag wasn't there at some times.

Valka took out and investigated her Pokedex. She hadn't really used it ever since she caught her first pokemon, Spry. She learned that the frequencies could mess with certain Pokemon's heads and make them attack. That problem really needed to be fixed.
    Summer
    Summer
    Encounter Manager

Post by Summer Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:26 pm

A keen eared Pokemon or trainer might hear the gentle sniffles and footsteps of a Swinub nearby, poking it's way through the snow and loose rock of the mountainside. It doesn't appear to be doing anything in particular. Perhaps it's looking for some sort of food?

Amongst the cold - Page 2 Swinub_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48x3
    ♂ Swinub
    Level 4 | Ability: Snow Cloak | CR: 1
    Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Hail

Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 pm

A gentle smile found itself appearing on Caim's face, it clearly being aimed towards the Sneasel... This was going rather well considering how it all began, from that Snover's attack. "Then Dusk it is... Thank you, for being so cooperative, I truly appreciate it, and I'm fairly certain Val would as well... I have one more thing to ask of you though, please, could you lead us down the mountain?" Caim spoke towards his Sneasel, kindness clearly detectable within his tone of voice.

The newly named Sneasel, Dusk, smiled back and nodded... Caim truly seemed to care, even though he barely new her... She understood she was lucky that it was Caim and Deimos that were the ones who found and helped her, the kindness he was showing truly was nice to receive.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Val simply smiled as Caim asked his Pokemon to bring them back down. Having a Pokemon like that would actually be pretty cool, so one could find her way through dungeons. If somebody were to catch one Pokemon in every route, they would be almost invincible, both the fact they would have so many Pokemon, and because their Pokemon could guide them through each place until that trainer knew the way herself.

Upon exiting the cave, instant chills washed over Valka. It disgusted her. She felt somewhat sick to her stomach for no reason at all. The cold hurt her, but didn't hurt those Pokemon that were native to the mountain.

A brown small thing stood out in the snow. It looked like a heap of dirt. But now, it moved, and Val knew it was some sort of Pokemon. Within her head, she imagined a disgusted sigh that she suppressed. She would have to send out Spry, whether he could survive in the frigid temperatures or not. But before she got out her Pokeball, the thing sniffed about, right past the two trainers with no realization they were there, it seemed. The dragon trainer decided to leave it alone, thinking it wasn't worth capturing and wasn't challenging them anyway.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:19 am

Utilising her claws, Dusk made a simple motion, easilly being able to be interpretted as her rquesting for them to follow. After this, she walked out of the cave and began heading back the way we had came, there was a path down the mountain in that direction, it'd likely been buried in the snow at this point. Caim's and Deimos's reaction to her actions was simple, they merely began walking after her, she'd not done them any wrong as of yet, so they had no reason to think she would do so now.

The trio payed no heed what so ever to the Swinub that was present, wanting to get off the mountain before Valka or Caim started to feel the effects of the cold enmasse.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:48 am

Val continued to follow the Sneasel, down the mountainside where snow already covered it. The snow was so deep now, that when she stepped in it, the snow would go up her pantlegs and chill her body all over. The packed snow wasn't the light, fluffy, powdery kind, but the thick, wet, packed down kind that was even colder. They must've been on the side that faced the sea, while the other side would be the opposite.

Valka had no time to complain, though, because they had to keep moving. She desperately hoped the snow would shake out of her shoes and clothes as they walked.
    Blade
    Blade

Post by Blade Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:51 pm

As Caim and his two Pokemon kept walking down the mountainside, aiming to leave the mountain, Caim himself felt the effects of the cold quite heavilly... They'd gone from cold, to warm, and now to cold again... It wasn't what he was used to what so ever. As he and Deimos kept following after Dusk, they just kept trying to Focus on the path... They couldn't make the path out yet, the snow was far too thick, they still had a day's to go.
    aMEWzing
    aMEWzing
    Encounter Manager

Post by aMEWzing Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Valka put out one foot, using it to stable herself as she slid down the icy hill, bumping over rocks and upturned dirt. It wasn't a very fast process, but it was much safer than simply running down. It came almost naturally whenever a terrain would decline. But somehow, only if that terrain were slippery.

It felt like, already, they were traveling for ages now. Val's head clock seemed to be broken, tricking her into thinking minutes passed were tens of minutes, and while they would be walking the same direction almost infinitely, it seemed as if almost hours passed by before they would reach another change in path.

Her mind shut down again, but not as severely as last time. She was just simply focusing on walking; especially because the loud wind would drown out any talking anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am